Sunday, August 26, 2012

All things Halloween

My daughter loves dress up time.  She is usually wearing several tutus at a time, and a crown as well.  It should come as no big surprise that her favorite holiday is Halloween.  She loves Halloween so much that we are often playing trick or treat and discussing what to be for Halloween this year, all year long. 

I just got a catalog in the mail from a Halloween costume warehouse.  I was glancing through it, all the costumes were ridiculously expensive but I thought I might find some ideas, when Tessie walked up and asked what I was looking at.  I showed her the catalog and she went into shock.  “Oh my gosh!  Can I see that?”  I handed her the catalog and she took it to the coffee table.  She looked at each page thoroughly, with a very serious look on her face.  Occasionally she would get really excited about a certain costume and show it to me or Christian.

Tes carried the catalog around all afternoon.  Several times she made me sit down and she showed me the different combinations of costumes she wanted to get.  “Um, I think I want these shoes and this crown.  And maybe this dress would be good.” she said with her hands on her hips.  She even picked out super hero and Elmo costumes for her brother.

I couldn’t help being so in love with her in that moment.  She was cracking me up with how thorough she was in her examination of the catalog.  It looks like I may be making at least four different Halloween costumes this year, but if it makes her as happy as she was today I will do my best.  Her love of dress up and all things Halloween is one of my favorite things about her and truly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment