Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Entry

My mom is a gardening genius, as far as I'm concerned.  She can make anything grow anywhere, and her garden always looks exquisite.  I did not inherit her green thumb, and I am trying my hardest not to kill everything in my yard.  As a late birthday present, my mom came up for a few days to help me work on the garden in our entryway.  We had a crazy day of running all over town to the garden center and the hardware store, and even fit a barbeque in with our neighbors.  We ended up getting such a late start, that we finished planting and watering last night in the dark.  But it was all worth it this morning, when I left my house to go to work.  Our entry, although far from complete, looked amazing.  Most of the weeds were pulled, and there was a resplendent red rose bush in the center of the new entry garden.  What a beautiful way to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment