Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Vision

Despite all my good intentions, I have gotten a very late start on my garden this year.  I haven't given up though, and today I got the chance to have a good chunk of time to work alone in the garden.  I picked up the rest of the lumber I needed a few days ago, and so once I returned home from dropping the kids off at their Nana's house, I got to work.  It was a hot day, and so it was slow work.  I had to build five more raised beds, and level the ground for them to sit on.  My garden area is on a slope, and I have terraced my beds.  The overall effect is really pretty, but it is a lot of work for me.  Each bed is built, then dug into the hillside, leveled, and then I fill in the sides.  I had to take many breaks to sit in the shade and chug water, but I finally finished.  I still have to line the beds with wire mesh and fill them in with soil, but seeing them all built and in place was incredibly gratifying.  I can finally see the layout of my garden, and it is beautifully satisfying to see my vision realized.


No comments:

Post a Comment