Monday, June 24, 2013

Life With a Pixie

While Christian was napping today, Tessie and I decided to go gather eggs from the chickens, and pick a wildflower bouquet.  She pulled on her adorable polka dot boots, and we headed out.  I never get tired of watching Tessie interact with nature.  She is impossibly imaginative, and no matter what she is doing, you can see her mind working.  As I gathered eggs, she held the egg basket carefully, and gracefully.  Her flaxen hair floated around her face, and I felt like I could have been looking at a fair maiden in some historic novel.  As we walked around our yard, looking for wildflowers, she whispered under her breath, and I could only imagine what magical world she was walking through.  She selected each flower intentionally, and placed them in the basket gingerly, walking through the grass like she had wings.  I can't believe how lucky I am to share my life with such a pure, beautiful little pixie.




No comments:

Post a Comment