Friday, June 28, 2013

Walking and Riding to the Park

Our Friday morning routine usually consists of aquatic therapy at the town pool. Christian looks forward to it all week. Today, the pool was closed so we decided to meet his therapist at the park instead. We took Christian's walker so he could practice distance walking on the sidewalks. As I was loading the kids up I decided to put Tessie's bike in the car as well.

When we got to the park, I unloaded both the kids, and their respective equipment.  They set off down the pathway, side by side.  I felt a suddenly overwhelming wave of emotion.  For the first time ever, I followed my children into the park, having nothing to do with either of their mobilities.  They were chatting together as they strolled along, and it was absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment