Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Driving

We had a fun day today. The kids and I played outside for a long time, running around, swinging, and smacking on the back porch. The afternoon was even better. We surprised the kids with a trip to the movie theatre, something we hadn't done in a while, and they were super excited. The movie was great, and the kids were even better. I must say that they behaved like angels during the entire movie. But then it was time to leave.

Tessie and I took a quick trip to the restroom, and the boys waited in the lobby. On our way back to meet them I could hear Christian crying, and I thought he was saying "I need Mommy." But I soon realized he was saying "I need money to play the game!"  It turns out he really wanted to play a race car game, but since we were going home to have dinner, Nick  had said no. It didn't fly. 

We go the kids outside and into the car, and managed  to calm Christian down enough to buckle him in. As is often the case, Tessie was the one who got him back in a great mood. And she did it by teaching him to drive. She showed him how to hold his hands on the steering wheel, and how to turn it.  Before long, he was laughing and driving along with his sister. With three drivers to get us there, it was a beautiful drive home.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment