Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lunch Date

After a very smelly, and not very pleasant trip to the dump this morning, the kids and I drove into town to meet up with Nick for lunch.  We don't go out to eat very often, and so the kids are always excited when we do.  On the way to pick up Nick they were discussing what they wanted to order for lunch.  Tessie decided she wanted a grilled cheese sandwich and scrambled eggs, and so Christian promptly decided he wanted the same thing.  Of course.  he then listed the drinks everyone would be having.  He wanted milk, Tessie could have juice, "And you can have beer, Mom." he added.  Thanks buddy.

When we got to the restaurant and got the kids settled at our table, Nick and I both sat back and stared at them.  They were both grinning from ear to ear, talking away, not always to each other, and being basically the best kids in the universe.  In that moment I felt totally and completely happy.  I was overwhelmed with love for my family, these three people that I was fortunate enough to spend my life with.  I held onto that feeling with everything I had.  Moments that perfect deserve to be cherished, and recognized for the rare beauties they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment