Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Perfect Moment

This evening we are having friends over for dinner, and I have been cleaning in preparation.  When Christian woke up from his nap, he was in a pretty crummy mood, and I was worried that his grumpiness was going to last all night.  But then Tessie walked in.  She usually can reach him when I can't, and it was no different today.  She suggested that they play on her bed, and Christian agreed enthusiastically.  I set him next to his sister on her bed, and they were chatting happily as I walked out of the room.

A few minutes later, Nick got home from work, and asked me where the kids were.  Motioning to him to follow me and be quiet.  We peered around the corner at our kids.  They were huddled together, playing a game, and whispering to each other.  In that moment, I felt like our world was perfect, and nothing could ever match it's beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment