Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Little Artist

Even though I had a father's day art project planned for Tessie for weeks, we didn't get to it until today.  Last minute, as always.  Tes was very excited to get started, and waited with bated breath as I set up all the paints and brushes.  When I finally let her get started, she entered a zone, and I could no longer get through to her.  She started by meticulously choosing colors, and painting them in very particular patterns.  Then she started blending colors, and had so much fun, that before long she had blended all the colors on the canvas.  She worked with an intense concentration, paint smeared all the way up her arms, with a clear vision in mind.  I had a wonderful moment of feeling like I was looking in a mirror.  When she was happy with the paint, she wanted to add some petals that she had saved and pressed.  She laid them out with such care, and did a fabulous job.  I covered the whole thing with Modge Podge, and we hid it so Nick wouldn't see it it.  My daughter hasn't fallen that far from the tree, and that is a beautiful thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment