Thursday, June 6, 2013

When Plans Go Awry

We had made plans this evening with two other families to have dinner and then go to the carnival.  Although I was extremely tired, I was excited to take the kids to the carnival, since they had such a good time last year.  I was looking forward to Christian getting to experience more this year.  He was pretty bummed about having to sit out some of the rides last year, and I couldn't wait to see his face when he rode in the cars like a big boy. 

But when we got to dinner, my energy, which was low to begin with, began to fade completely.  By the time Nick arrived, I was about ready to fall asleep.  And that is why I wasn't very upset to see a storm quickly closing in on the town.  We were sitting outside on the patio, and made a beeline for a table inside as the blowing dust hit, and rain drops started to fall.  We could no longer see the Ferris Wheel that had been clearly in our view moments before.  A quick consensus was met, to postpone the trip to the carnival. 

As I explained the change in plans to Tessie, I tried not to look too thrilled.  We came straight home after dinner, and now that the kids are bathed and in bed, I am ready to crawl under the sheets myself.  Sometimes, when plans go awry, it turns out beautifully after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment