Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Preschool Boy

After a two week break, the kids returned to school today for the summer session.  It was more than just a regular school day, since both of them moved into new classes.  Christian moved up from the toddler daycare into the preschool, and Tessie moved into the pre-k.  Both of their moves up seemed extremely significant to me, and signaled the transition into big kid land.  Christian would now have a real school day routine, and this would be Tessie's last year before kindergarten.  I started getting emotional, and actually had to wipe a tear from my eye.

Both kids were so excited to start school in their respective new classes, they have been talking about it for days.  As the three of us stood outside the school, and I took pictures of them, I felt overwhelmed by the speed at which time is rolling by.  I vividly remember the first day I brought them to daycare.  Tessie marched in boldly, but Christian clung to me, and we both cried as I walked away.  Today my children stood in front of me, radiating joy and excitement, eager for the day to start.  Christian smiled at me and said "I'm a preschool boy!"  My heart melted.  This will all be gone in a flash, and so I lingered with them before driving to work, trying to make the beautiful morning last as long as I possibly could.

No comments:

Post a Comment